Last Updated: 20 Apr 2023
At this centre we provide the following facilities to make the centre accessible to everyone:
- Disabled parking
- Step free access
- Wide doorways
- Fully accessible disabled changing facilities
- Disabled only pool sessions
- Wheelchair accessible Gym equipment
- No or low impact classes
- Carer passes if required
Low Income Memberships
As part of our commitment to support all members of the community on their fitness journeys, we are proud to offer Low Income Memberships.
These memberships aim to provide health and fitness access to those who may have previously been unable to benefit from leisure facilities.
These memberships are perfect for those hit by the cost of living crisis, but these reduced memberships do have restrictions.
These members can use our facilities or book classes between 9am and 5pm Monday to Wednesday, but will have full membership provisions Thursday to Sunday during our standard opening hours.
Our Membership Team need to verify proof of eligibility for these memberships so please contact us for further details.
This accessibility statement outlines how accessible this website and third-party booking and membership application is and what measures are being taken to improve its accessibility status.
Accessibility on this website
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA - this website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 Level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- some interface elements do not have sufficient colour contrast. For example, buttons, images, text and hovering on buttons
- some links or controls open new windows or frames without a warning
- some of our images do not have alternative (alt) text descriptions
- some link text is not meaningful and within context
- our cookie modal dialog does not have a descriptive dialog title
We will continue to improve accessibility across this website inline with WCAG guidelines. This work is being carried out throughout 2021.
Accessibility of third-party booking and membership application (Legend)
The booking and memberships system used on this website is a third-party application supplied by Legend and is used to support bookings and memberships at Tadley Health & Fitness Centre. This accessibility statement outlines how accessible this application is and what measures are being taken to improve its accessibility status.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA - this application is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 Level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We know some parts of this application are not fully accessible:
- issues with some form elements including duplicate ID's, missing or duplicate control labels
- missing alt text
- nested tables which some screen readers may find difficult to read
- issues when trying to navigate using a keyboard
- duplicate page titles on different pages
- missing site map
- low contrast of some text and buttons
We will continue to work with our third party supplier, Legend, to improve accessibility across their application inline with WCAG guidelines. This work is being carried out throughout 2021.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of this website and third-party booking and membership application. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content, notice any functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, or have any suggestions on how we might improve accessibility please contact us stating "Accessibility" in your message.
This statement was created on 28th April 2021.